Welcome to the 250th version of Android Apps Weekly! Listed here are the large matters from the final week:
- The Walking Dead: Our World is the next game concerning the widespread zombie sequence. It’s additionally the following AR sport for cell. You stroll world wide combating zombies and doing all types of Strolling Lifeless stuff. The sport options co-op challenges, a gathering component, and an actual world component much like Jurassic World Alive or Pokemon Go. The sport formally launches on July 12th. It’s obtainable for pre-registration now.
- MX Player, the iconic video player app, is getting a huge overhaul. It won’t be an excellent one, although. India’s Instances Group bought a majority stake within the app this week. They need to flip it into an streaming service for India. That’s a far cry from the rock stable native video participant app that it’s right now. We now have numerous questions and never a ton of solutions but. As an illustration, MX Participant is widespread all world wide for its video taking part in capabilities. If it transitions into an India-only streaming service, what occurs to the remainder of us? We’ll maintain you up to date as we study extra.
- Monument Valley 2 made a ton of money in its first 12 months of existence. The sport boasted over $10.four million in income. That’s nearly double what the primary Monument Valley had. In fact, iOS gross sales have been greater than Android gross sales and we think about piracy was nonetheless a problem very like the primary one. Nonetheless, it doesn’t appear to have affected the sport that a lot. The funds for the second sport included $2.three million together with $516,000 in advertising. Meaning ustwo made a terrific revenue out of the sport. We’re pleased to listen to that.
- Google Duplex is apparently ready for prime time testing. Google introduced that testing is starting quickly earlier this week. Duplex will introduce itself initially of the decision. Companies can choose out of the decision instantly if they need an actual human being on the cellphone. Moreover, a human can take over the decision if the AI begins messing up. It’s going to be an entertaining subsequent few weeks as this begins rolling out. We’ll have extra particulars as they floor.
- Niantic is working on its next proof-of-concept AR game, Codename: Neon. Niantic posted a YouTube video with individuals taking part in the sport. It’s apparently a real-time, aggressive multiplayer expertise. Gamers have interaction with each other in the actual world with their telephones. It appears like a easy shooter. The video is kind of outstanding and the sport appears like enjoyable. Niantic plans to let builders use this tech to construct their very own video games much like how they did with Ingress and Pokemon Go. We advocate hitting the hyperlink above to take a look at the video.
If we missed any massive Android apps or video games information, releases, or updates, inform us about it within the feedback!